GW Art Therapy Clinic
The GW Art Therapy Clinic is a training facility partnered with the GW Graduate Art Therapy Program providing confidential, quality art therapy services to children, teens and adults from the community. Our clinicians are students in their second and third year of the master’s program and are supervised by licensed, professional art therapists and mental health counselors.
The GW Art Therapy Clinic was established in 2008 as a response to developing research in trauma and neuroscience. Today, the clinic serves the local D.C.-Maryland-Virginia community through affordable art therapy care, offering one-on-one and group or family sessions. The space is composed of three rooms equipped with a variety of art supplies, sand tray equipment and other therapeutic resources.
Because we are a training facility, all sessions are digitally recorded so that students can review and receive supervision on their work.
Contact the GW Art Therapy Clinic
Provide members of the community with art therapy sessions at a reduced fee
Provide art therapy training and supervision for students in the treatment of trauma and mental health concerns
Promote and engage in research led by faculty and students on the application of art therapy in clinical practice
Along with the clinical services provided at the GWATC, our program clinicians are available for in-service presentations and workshops at area universities, businesses, government agencies, schools and health fairs. Occasionally we have offered in-house workshops for the community, such as during holidays, when many people are dealing with stressors. Contact us to learn more or get involved.
Some of our recent outreach partners have included:
- Wendt Center for Loss and Healing x GWATC
- GW Capital Peers x GWATC
- The George Washington University Psychology Department x GWATC
- Alexandria Girl Scout Troop x GWATC
- The George Washington University Hospital Trauma Survivors Group x GWAT
- Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) x GWATC
- Healthy Living Series at the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- GW Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- GW Clinical Psychology Program
- GW Colonial Health Services
- GW School Counseling Career Awareness
- Georgetown Dental School
- U.S. Patent and Trade Office
- Andrews Air Force Base Wounded Warriors Program
- Year Up Wellness Day, Upward Bound
- Broadcasting Board of Governors Educational Wellness Fair
- U.S. Senate Wellness Fair
“Students are trained in the latest trauma techniques and so, coming into the clinic, they’re able to put the practice to work.”
The GW Art Therapy Clinic is a training facility partnered with the GW Graduate Art Therapy Program providing confidential, quality art therapy services.