The program’s new, state-of-the art classrooms and studios—located near the King Street Metro in Alexandria, Virginia—are designed for optimal learning, research, and creativity. The facilities feature the following:
- Art Therapy Clinic with three rooms equipped with video and sound capabilities for teaching, presentations, and research.
- Art Therapy Library with student lounge.
- Gallery with 20 walls featuring spotlights and sliding tracks for hanging artwork.
- Open studio equipped with a two-way mirror and sound setup to enable classroom observation.
- Student computer labs with homework stations.
- Two studio classrooms with SmartBoards, LCD projectors, stainless steel magnetic walls, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
The Alexandria Graduate Education Center (AGEC)
Outside view of the building. We are housed on the 2nd floor. Building is two blocks from the Metro (public transportation). Parking is available in the building with a direct elevator to the GW floor.
Mac Lab with dual operating systems (Mac and PC) available for students and faculty.
Art therapy classrooms and studio with rolling tables, cabinets for storage and art supplies, tin sheets on walls for hanging art, sinks, high-tech equipment, floor-to-cieling windows, and concrete floors.
Faculty and Staff Office Spaces
Available for students--coffee maker, filtered hot and cold water, microwave, sink, dishwater, full refrigerator, and vending machines. Available for events and parties.
Large and small rooms with art supplies.
Art Therapy Clinic Video Recording Room
Two cameras per room for split-screen recording. One microphone per room.